Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Good intentions

Should sympathy be given for "I didnt mean to hurt him/her."? If at the end of the day, we really didnt accomplish anything, should we console ourselves that we meant to be productive?

Does good intentions profit anything? How can I ever "do good" if I dont heartily intend to do so? That is... good is not going to just happen, is it?

On the other hand are good intentions ever evil? If I can "sell all my goods and give them to the poor, and it profits me nothing without love", how much less if I just desire to be able to be so magnimous, courageously noble in mind and heart?

Should we slap a "DONE GOOD" sticker on each person buying the livestrong bands? (Please! I am not picking on Armstrong or his cause, it is a convenient in-the-news metaphor) I am quite sure each person feels good about themselves for contributing. Hey, maybe I need to get me one of those!

Jackie

2 Comments:

Blogger editorjackie said...

It is the human condition, but it is not something to just simply accept as "OH well, it is OK."

Paul continues that thought... Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Evil is not inert, it will war and bring us into captivity.

8:52 AM  
Blogger editorjackie said...

Hi Jerry, I can see what you are saying... how can anything be less profitable that to profit nothing ? lol

I struggled with that paragraph but let it go as a work in progress, ah the beauty of blogging.

The point I wanted to look at is... What if I dont even get around to DOING any good at all but I really do want to do good (good intentions only). This can not be "profitable" either.

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home