Friday, June 02, 2006

TheSchoolOfChrist.Org | Enter The Kingdom

TheSchoolOfChrist.Org Enter The Kingdom: "What is impossible with man is possible with God. Jesus is the Narrow Gate whereby we enter in and are saved. This much is obvious. So what is the Path? Is it being a good disciple? Is it fasting and prayer? Is it living a more holy life? Is it attending church or doing great works for God? Not at all. For Jesus tells us, 'I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life.' The Narrow Gate is Christ, and the Narrow Path is Christ. This explains why the Gate and the Path are so narrow. There is no room for you at all. There is no room for self-effort. There is only room for Christ.
To enter the Kingdom is to lay down my life and live the Life of Another. The very thing which frustrates me is the answer to my problem: since I cannot do it, I have to depend upon the Life of Another to do what I cannot do. Hallelujah! I cannot enter again into my mother's womb and be born again, because I am too old; I cannot be faithful to do God's will at all times, because I am rebellious; I cannot humble myself and be like a child, because I am too proud; I cannot have a righteousness that is outwardly perfect and inwardly pure, because I am a hypocrite; I cannot endure tribulation with joy, because I love myself too much; I cannot find my way out of Egypt and into Canaan, because I am disobedient; I cannot just give away from everything I have worked for all my life, because I am selfish. I cannot, and you cannot, and no one can. This Gate and this Path is too narrow, too demanding. It is impossible.
Only one Man has perfectly fulfilled all these requirements - the Lord Jesus Christ - and this Man lives in me now. I thank God that what is impossible with me is easy achievable with Him! 'As you have received the Lord Jesus Christ [Gate], so walk in Him [Path] (Colossians 2:6).' We come to th"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home